- Emily Tow wins Best Student Paper Award at the 2017 AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference and Exposition in Long Beach, 16 February 2017.
- Batch desalination bests standard RO in MIT News, 18 November 2016.
- David M. Warsinger receives the Best Oral Presentation Award at the 9th International Desalination Conference in Abu Dhabi, 15 November 2016.
- Jaichander Swaminathan interviewed in The Hindu, 7 November 2016.
- Teaching the Unteachable, about Glicksman and Lienhard’s new book, in MIT News, 21 October 2016.
- Low Carbon Desalination Workshop at MIT, 17-18 October 2016, in MIT News.
- Omar Labban receives the Grand Prize for Outstanding Presentation, Emily Tow receives the Esteemed Presenter Award for Excellence in Impact, and Quantum Wei receives Honorable Mention at the 2016 MIT Mechanical Engineering Research Exhibition, Sept. 2016.
- Emily Tow wins a Best Poster Award at Singapore International Water Week, 13 July 2016.
- Quantum Wei receives the First Place Student Oral Presentation Award for his paper at the Universities Council on Water Resources Conference, July 2016.
- MechE Connects news articles, July 2016:
- Prof. Lienhard acts as an Amicus Curiae in Prof. Leonard’s legal brief on Deflategate, 24 May 2016. (brief)
- Video: Prof. Lienhard speaks about water and food research at the launch of the MIT Campaign for a Better World, 5 May 2016.
- Bailey Montaño receives the 2016 MechE SuperUROP Award for his research on membrane distillation with our group, May 2016.
- J-WAFS Food and Water Symposium and Rabobank-MIT Food and Agribusiness Innovation Prize, 27-28 April 2016.
- Prof. Lienhard delivers the John R. Freeman Lecture of the Boston Society of Civil Engineers, 11 April 2016.
- David M. Warsinger receives the UCOWR Outstanding Dissertation Award in Science and Engineering, from the Universities Council on Water Resources, March 2016.
- Can Flint Happen Here?, Boston Globe Op-Ed on New England’s water supply by Prof. Lienhard, Dr. W. Sung, and Prof. A.J. Whittle
- How to Share Water Along the Nile, New York Times Op-Ed on the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam by Prof. Lienhard and Dr. K.M. Strzepek
- Jaichander Swaminathan receives Best Presentation Award and David Warsinger receives Best Poster Award at the International Desalination Association World Congress on Desalination and Water Reuse, 3 September 2015
- Toward cheaper water treatment, about spin-off company from our lab, 17 July 2015
- Jaichander Swaminathan and David Warsinger win first and second place best poster awards, respectively, at the American Water Works Association Annual Conference and Exposition, 10 June 2015
- J-WAFS: A nexus for water and food research at MIT, in MIT Spectrum, Summer 2015
- Professor Lienhard receives the 2015 ASME Heat Transfer Memorial Award, for Art of Practice.
- David Warsinger receives Outstanding UROP Graduate Mentor Award, April 2015.
- Ronan McGovern receives the Ilya Prigogine Prize of Thermodynamics from the Joint European Thermodynamics Conference (JETC) for his doctoral thesis, March 2015.
- Our group’s paper Entropy Generation Analysis of Desalination Systems (Mistry et al., 2011) receives a Best Paper Award from the journal Entropy, 16 February 2015.
- Video: Renewable Water, Professor Lienhard at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, 21 January 2015.
- 2014 MIT Water Summit, includes several members of our group in leading roles, 12 December 2014.
- Searching for global water and food solutions, about the new Abdul Latif Jameel World Water and Food Security Lab, in MIT News, 4 November 2014
- Getting the salt out, in MIT News, 21 October 2014
- Video: Professor Lienhard at Technology Review’s EmTech Conference, 23 September 2014.
- A New Kind of Power From Salt Water, Wall Street Journal front page, 29 August 2014.
- The power of salt, in MIT News, 20 August 2014
- Study shows forward osmosis not energy efficient, in MIT News, 23 July 2014
- Video: Solutions for Water Supply at 2014 Technology Day, with Professor Lienhard, 7 June 2014.
- Leonardo Banchik wins best poster award at Singapore International Water Week, 5 June 2014
- Abdul Latif Jameel World Water and Food Security Lab announced in MIT News, 6 May 2014.
- Report on high flux membranes, in MIT News, 13 February 2014
- Video: Water-Energy Nexus Panel Discussion at the 2013 MIT Water Summit, with Professor Lienhard and Leo Banchik (1 hour)
- McGovern wins IDA Award in MIT News, 25 October 2013
- Video: Outrageous Osmosis with Leo and Emily by group members Leo Banchik and Emily Tow, August 2013. On YouTube
- Video: Equilibrium and Steady State, SUTD Concept Vignette by MIT Teaching and Learning lab, with Professor Lienhard
- Video: Entropy, SUTD Concept Vignette by MIT Teaching and Learning lab, with Professor Lienhard
- Our group’s HDH technology wins Technology Idol of the Year at 2013 Global Water Summit, Seville, Spain, April 2013
- Solar-driven Desalination with Phase-Change Energy Storage, Adina Technical Brief, April 2013
- New tech said to clean up fracking water, in NBC Science News, 5 February 2013.
- Purification on the cheap, in MIT News, 5 February 2013
- Video: Water Scarcity and Desalination, MIT Industrial Liaison Program, January 2013
- Professor Lienhard awarded ASME Globalization Medal, November 2012.
- Video: International Collaborations for Clean Water at MIT Presidential Inaugural Symposium: A Globally Engaged MIT, 20 Sept. 2012. (Beginning at 2:10:30)
- The Water-Energy Nexus, in MIT Spectrum, Spring 2012
- Video: Making Desalination Efficient with MIT Professor John Lienhard on Faculty Forum Online of MIT Alumni Association, 2 Feb. 2012
- Video: Flocculation by group members Leo Banchik and Mohammad Mirhi, Spring 2012. On YouTube and in Khan Academy
2011 and earlier
- Video: Innovations in Clean Water Technology on WGBH’s Science for the Public, 20 Dec. 2011
- Video: Clean Water Technology Research at MIT at MIT Environmental Research Council Forum, 15 Dec. 2011
- Masdar Institute Hosts Lecture in Abu Dhabi on HDH Desalination Technology, 14 Nov. 2011
- Author Interview: John Lienhard, Dover Publications, 21 Sept. 2011.
- Video: Research in Water Purification and Distribution at MIT in Rethinking Water workshop, May 2010 (starting at time 25:25)
- Drinkable Water for All, in MIT Spectrum, Summer 2010
- Subject 2.500 Desalination & Water Purification at MIT OpenCourseWare.
- Podcast on A Heat Transfer Textbook project, MIT Libraries series on scholarly publishing and copyright, 25 Feb. 2008
- A Heat Transfer Textbook, 4/e